WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT OUR SOLAR SYSTEM
Here you find 15 questions about our solar system. In some of them more than one answer is required. You get one point for every right answer, so question number 1 can give you a maximum of 5 points. But you don't have to get every answer right, to reach a good result.
All set? Good luck!
1) Name the five outermost planets in our solar system.
2) Which planet has the largest distance to the sun?
3) Which planet is nearest to the sun?
4) Which two planets are on either side of the earth?
5) Which is the biggest planet in our solar system?
6) How many moons has Mars?
7) What are they called?
8) On which planet can you find the "big red spot"?
9) What is called an "astronomical unit"?
10) As far as we know today Jupiter has 17 moons. Name the four closest to the planet.
11) How long (approximately) needs Jupiter to circle the sun?
12) How far is the distance to the nearest star?
13) How far is the sun from the center of our galaxy?
14) What is the name of the biggest moon in our solar system and to which planet does it belong?
15) Which moon was discovered in 1846 by William Lassell?
© Bernhard Kauntz, 2000
last update: 17.10.2000 by email@example.com